If your house is insured, EQC also insures a defined area of your residential land.
In this section you can do the following:
Information on Land Claims
The Guide to Canterbury Land Claims (April 2013 edition) tells you:
- how to make a claim for land damage
- how EQC assesses and settles land damage
- what is and isn’t covered, and
- how much excess you’ll pay.
It explains the land claim process:
Information on Land Claims Settlement
The Guide to Settlement of Canterbury Flat Land Claims (April 2013 edition) tells you about repair methods for some common types of land damage.
Understanding your land settlement pack tells you what you will receive when your claim is settled. This includes examples of the documents that will be included in your pack to outline the damage which is covered and how the settlement amount was calculated.
2. Learn about types of damage
Read about types of Land Damage. This includes information about the land drilling programme.
3. Access geotechnical reports
Access the Liquefaction Vulnerability Study (published March 2013)
4. Learn about technical categories
See the 'Land' page (in 'What we do') for information on:
- what land damage is and isn't covered under EQCover
- how much can be paid out.