You are here

Contents claims

EQC customer receiving a letter about their contents claim

Your 'contents' means 'personal property' that is usually in your home. It includes contents that are temporarily removed from your home.

The information provided on this webpage is specific to the Canterbury events and in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Earthquake Commission (EQC) Act 1993 current at the time.

In February 2019 the EQC Act changed. Find out about the changes on our Act changes page.

In this section you can find information on:

Getting your contents claim settled

Find out about the documentation you need to submit with your contents claim.  

Carpets and drapes

Find out answers to common questions about carpets and drapes, including information for customers whose home is to be demolished.

Related information

Find out about How EQCover works for contents

Learn more about putting in a contents claim.

Page last updated: