You are here

Independent Support Agencies

Check with your local council or independent agencies about support services in your community.

Greater Christchurch Claims Resolution Service (GCCRS)

Provides free, impartial advice to help Canterbury homeowners settle their unresolved residential earthquake claims. GCCRS will coordinate the agencies involved in residential earthquake claims, including EQC and Southern Response, to implement a new streamlined process.  The overall aim is to help homeowners, particularly those with complex claims or in dispute, through to claim resolution so they can move forward with confidence.

Key attributes:

  • A dedicated settlement support broker, navigating the process on the homeowner’s behalf.
  • An online portal, where the homeowner can view key claim documents.
  • A shopfront in central Christchurch, where homeowners can visit both the GCCRS team and representatives from EQC and Southern Response processing claims GCCRS is coordinating.
  • The availability of assistance from independent specialist and technical advisors (including engineering, building and legal support).

Phone: 0508 624 327


Visit: Level 2, 145-161 Cashel Street, Christchurch


Residential Advisory Service (RAS)

Provides free, impartial advice to homeowner who are facing challenges in getting their home repaired or rebuilt after it has been damaged by a natural disaster. RAS was very active following the 2010-2011 Canterbury earthquakes, and their Canterbury services are now part of the GCCRS. RAS continues to provide support for homeowners in other parts of New Zealand, including those affected by the November 2016 Kaikoura earthquake.

The service helps customers understand the claim process and how to make progress with their home repair or rebuild.

Freephone 0800 777 299

Hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday


Page last updated: