Determining eligibility for the On-solds programme
To be eligible to receive the ex-gratia payment under the On-sold support package you must meet the criteria oulined in the government's On-Sold support package policy(external link) and supply certain information to EQC.
- You must be the current owner of the property.
- Your application must have been made on or before 14 October 2020.
- You must have purchased the property within the specified time period. To meet the requirement, you must have:
- made your offer to purchase the property after the natural disaster damage arising from the Canterbury Earthquake Sequence occurred to the property; and
- made your offer to purchase the property on or before 15 August 2019.
- If your Offer was subject to a Building Condition, you must have satisfied or waived that Building Condition on or before 15 August 2019.
- The original owner(s) of the property must have lodged at least one claim with EQC.
- Before you made your offer to purchase the property the claim(s) lodged by the original owner(s) to which an ex gratia payment relates must have already been assessed by EQC and determined to be under-cap.
In order to determine your eligibility you need to supply the following documents within 60 days of registering your interest:
- A copy of your Sale and Purchase agreement
- Deed of Assignment (where applicable)
- Any documents relating to removal of a condition of sale, for example a building inspection report, expert reports if this is relevant to your case.
Once your eligibility has been confirmed you will be asked to provide expert reports detailing the earthquake related damage and outlining the appropriate repair strategy. An EQC settlement specialist will be appointed to guide you through this process. EQC will cover the reasonable costs of professional reports such as engineers and geotechnical experts which relate to getting the earthquake damage to your property repaired, but not for other services like using a lawyer to work on your application.
If you applied and ticked the 'registration only' box on the on-sold property application form, we will be in touch to discuss next steps for your application.
If you have issues with your On-sold application progressing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.