This notice applies to the Earthquake Commission and the www.eqc.govt.nz website.
This notice provides important highlights of our Privacy Statement.
How we may disclose your personal information
We only disclose your information (including personal information) in connection with our lawful functions and activities in accordance with relevant legislation, including the EQC Act, The Official Information Act and the Privacy Act.
Examples of when we may disclose your personal information include:
- To our agents, for the purpose of evaluating, processing, managing and settling claims
- To your private insurer, to verify your insurance details for EQCover. Your private insurer will already have information about you.
- To your mortgagee, for the purpose of evaluating, processing, managing, and settling claims
- To other government departments for the purpose of evaluating, processing, managing and settling claims
- To other third-party organisations for the purpose of training, research, statistical and survey purposes.
For more information on when we may disclose your information and the purposes for doing so, please click here.
- You may request access to your personal information by filling out the Information request form
- You may request for your personal information to be corrected by filling out our contact us form.
- If you do not wish for your contact details and claim information to be shared with a third-party organisation for the purpose of surveying our services to you, please click here.
If you would like to discuss your options with one of our team, call us on 0800 DAMAGE (326 243) Or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By clicking Next, you acknowledge you understand and except EQC’s Privacy Statement.