Skip navigation

Frequently asked questions

  1. How do I make an EQCover claim after 30 June 2021?  

Contact your insurer directly to lodge a claim for any natural disaster damage that occurs on, or after, 30 June 2021. A list of insurers can be found here.  

   2. Who will manage my EQCover claim if my insurer is not included in the partnership?

Toka Tū Ake EQC will continue to manage EQCover claims for any customers whose insurer is not in the partnership. If your insurer isn’t listed above, you can still contact us and we will support you to make a new EQCover claim. 

  3. How will a claim that exceeds the EQCover cap be managed?

Under the model, private insurers will assess, manage and settle the entire claim - including the EQCover portion - up to the statutory capped level of damage* under the EQC Act, and then any claim under their private insurance to cover additional losses up to their sum insured.  

Find more information about your EQCover on Building cover.  

* EQCover includes damage from natural disasters like earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, natural landslips and geothermal events, with building damage capped at $300,000 plus GST.  It also insures for fire resulting from any of these natural disasters, and land damage from storms or floods. 

  4. Which insurers are part of this model?

We’ve partnered with nine private insurers, who represent more than 20 insurance brands. Our partners are AA Insurance, Ando (Hollard), Chubb, FMG, IAG, MAS, QBE, Tower and Vero. You can find their insurance brands on Our insurance partners.  

  5. What if I have an existing EQCover claim, or want to make an EQCover claim for a natural disaster prior to 30 June 2021?

This model has no impact on existing EQCover claims – these will continue to be handled by the same Toka Tū Ake EQC staff you have been dealing with.​​  

For any new claims, visit the Make a new claim page.