Skip navigation

Householders' Guide to Residential Land

Householders guide to eqcover for residential land teaserEQCover is the Earthquake Commission’s natural disaster insurance for homes ('dwellings') and residential land.

The Householders' Guide to Residential land tells you:

  • how EQCover works for Residential land
  • what is and isn't covered in relation to residential land
  • what to do following a natural disaster – including if you have damage

If you would like more information on EQCover, see the Householders' guide to EQCover.(external link)

The provisions for EQCover are outlined in the relevant legislation – the Earthquake Commission Act 1993(external link) and the Earthquake Commission Regulations 1993(external link).