You are here

Community support

Independent Support Agencies

Check out this page to find out more information.

Temporary accommodation

If your house is so badly damaged you cannot stay in it, your private insurer is the best person to talk to. It’s a good idea to read your policy to find out what you may be entitled to.

See our Guide to temporary accommodation PDF (487KB) lists key things to be aware of, if you need another place to stay.

Related information

The Kaikoura District Council organised a community meeting to answer residents’ questions about insurance claims and pay out process. For residents who weren’t able to attend the event, the council livestreamed the meeting on their Facebook page. To watch the video click here.

Page last updated: