You are here

Householders' Guide to Residential Land

Cover of: Householders' Guide to EQCover.



EQCover is the Earthquake Commission’s natural disaster insurance for homes ('dwellings') and residential land.

The Householders' Guide to Residential land tells you:

  • how EQCover works for Residential land
  • what is and isn't covered in relation to residential land
  • what to do following a natural disaster – including if you have damage

If you would like more information on EQCover, see the Householders' guide to EQCover.

The provisions for EQCover are outlined in the relevant legislation – the Earthquake Commission Act 1993 and the Earthquake Commission Regulations 1993.


Householders' Guide to Residential Land - June 2021 (PDF, 1.19MB)

Visual Guide to Silt Inundation - June 2021 (PDF, 238.59KB)


Please contact us if you have a question about EQCover or have difficulty accessing this document.

Page last updated: