You are here

Claim Lodgement Form

1 What you need 2 Contact Details 3 Damage Details 4 Summary 5 Your Submission

What you need to make a claim

This form is for customers who have new damage from a natural disaster which occurred from 1 January 2019.

Please also use this form if the damaged building has 10 or less units.

To complete this form you need the following:

  • a New Zealand contact address and phone number
  • details of the damage that has occurred
  • details of your private insurance policy
  • the policyholder's postal address and phone number if you are not the policyholder.

If you meet the criteria and wish to progress with your claim lodgement, click the 'Contact details' button at the bottom of this page.

If you don't meet the criteria

Customers who have natural disaster damage:

  • that occurred before the 1 January 2019, please call us
  • to a damaged building which has more than 10 units, please call us
  • and you have overseas contact details, please call us
  • relating to the Canterbury earthquakes, complete our Claim Review Form
  • to drainage from the Canterbury earthquakes, visit EQC drainage claims.

Calling from within New Zealand
0800 DAMAGE (0800 326 243)

Calling from overseas
+64 4 978 6400

Call centre hours (New Zealand time)
Monday–Friday, 7am–9pm

View all the ways to contact us

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Page last updated: