Skip navigation

Make a new claim

Find out who to contact if you want to make a new claim for natural disaster damage. In most cases you should make a claim through your private insurer. They manage claims on our behalf and will be your single point of contact.

Make a claim with your insurer

If your home has been damaged by a natural disaster, you can usually contact your insurer to lodge a claim, including for your EQCover. You can usually make a claim online or over the phone.

Insurers work on our behalf to assess and manage your claim from start to finish. Your insurer or insurance broker will be your single point of contact during the claims process and can answer any questions you have.

Our insurer partners and their contact details

When to make a claim with EQC Toka Tū Ake

EQC Toka Tū Ake manage a small number of claims directly. Please contact us if:

To make a claim through us, please use the lodge a claim form, or call us on 0800 DAMAGE.

If the new claim is for a building that has more than 10 units, or you are based overseas, please call us directly on 0800 DAMAGE.

If you don’t know who your insurer is, we can keep a record of the natural hazard damage to your property for you using this web form. However, your claim will not be progressed until you have identified your insurer and lodged a claim with them.

claims assessor visits a home
Claims process
When you make a claim there are a number of steps that you and your insurer need to work through to resolve it.
pexels andrea piacquadio 3760067 v2
Manage an existing claim
In most cases you should contact your insurer for an update on an open claim or if more damage is found after settlement.
our partnership with insurers
Our partnership with insurers
We work with most private insurers to simplify the process for making a claim for natural hazard damage.