If you have EQCover, then some of your land is also covered.
If your home is damaged by a landslip you are generally insured by EQC up to the maximum explained on the building cover page.
EQCover for land is limited to land that is within your property boundary – and includes:
- the land under your home and outbuildings (e.g. shed or garage)
- the land within eight metres of your home and outbuildings
- the land under or supporting your main accessway, up to 60 metres from your home (but not the driveway surfacing).
EQCover also provides some cover for:
- bridges and culverts within the above areas
- some retaining walls that are necessary to support or protect the home, outbuildings or insured land.